Want to spruce up your drinks over the festive season? Here’s some simple ideas for turning those ice blocks into something with a little more colour and joy! Dig through your baking cupboard to find fun ice trays – here we’ve used some festive chocolate moulds as well as a mini muffin tray.
- For the festive watermelon stars: 1 cup watermelon flesh & 1/2 cup water
- For the citrus ice: 1 lemon, thinly sliced, chilli flakes & fennel seeds
- For the edible flower ice: Use nasturtiums, violas, lavender - or whatever you can get your hands on (just make sure you can eat it!
- Blend the watermelon flesh with the water until smooth.
- Pour into festive ice cube trays – or if using larger trays, think about laying a fresh mint leaf on top before freezing.
- For the lemon ice, quarter the thin slices then lay inside mini-muffin trays. Fill with water, and if you like, scatter some chilli flakes or fennel seeds over some of them.
- For the edible ice, wash the flowers and lay inside ice trays. Fill with water and freeze.