We’ve been toying with the idea of a Middle Eastern Christmas feast this year. It’s almost a relief to ditch the turkey and pudding in favour of an assortment of vegetables and salads with a little meat or fish!
With this in mind, here’s a dish to serve at the end of the meal. Something a little sweet without the cloying, heavy feeling of a Christmas pud. Go easy with the rose water – a little goes a long way!
- 9 - fresh medjool dates
- 50g - goat’s curd
- 0.5tsp - rose water
- ground cardamom for dusting
- Cut a slit in the dates and gently remove the pip without tearing the dates all the way through.
- Mix the rosewater into the curd.
- Use a small teaspoon to fill each date and arrange on a platter.
- Dust with ground cardamom before serving.