A grown up and sugar-free version of the hot chocolates of our youth. You could add half a mashed date to this if you really wished, but we find the cinnamon and coconut milk have enough natural sweetness to offset the cacao. The chilli and ginger add a pleasant fiery aftertaste!
- 1tsp - cacao (or alternatively use dutch-processed cocoa)
- 0.5tsp - cinnamon
- 1cup - coconut drinking milk
- 1tsp - grated ginger
- 0.5tsp - chilli flakes (or to your taste)
- Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and warm over a low to medium heat. If you take time to heat it gently it will allow the ginger and chilli to infuse the milk.
- Strain into a cup using a tea strainer, discarding the ginger.
- Top with a few more chilli flakes or some cinnamon.