In the 70’s this was a highly fashionable lunch of choice, and some of you may have memories of your mothers dolling out half an avocado with salad dressing for lunch. Then fat got a bad name and it sort of went by the wayside.
So here, we’ve brought it back, but with the modern twist of adding fresh pomegranate seeds to the finished dish. So simple, but healthy, crunchy, and with a little bit of sweetness from the pomegranate seeds.
- 1 - medium ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 tbsp - extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp - dijon mustard
- 1 tsp - apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp - fresh pomegranate seeds
- - salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the oil, mustard and vinegar in a small bowl until combined.
- Fill the holes of the avocados 3/4 full with the dressing.
- Distribute the pomegranate seeds between the two halves and season with salt and pepper. That’s it!