A delicious vegan dish to add as part of a mezze. Add some pan-fried tofu and you have a more substantial meal. The nutritional yeast adds a savoury cheesy flavour and combined with the almond meal gives the whole thing a bit of crunch. Try with our hummus!
Serves 4 as a side dish
- 0.5 - a head of cauliflower
- 0.5cup - almond milk (or any nut milk will work)
- 0.75cup - almond meal
- 0.25cup - nutritional yeast flakes
- olive oil
- hummus for serving
- roughly chopped almonds & coriander leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Break the cauliflower into individual florets. We like to have some big and then leave some small – the smaller ones will start to caramelise in the oven and go all dark, chewy and crunchy.
- Put the almond milk in one bowl, and the almond meal and yeast flakes into another.
- Dip each floret into the milk, then roll around in the meal and flake mix to coat.
- As you do each one, pop onto the baking tray.
- When you’re finished, drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Heap some hummus onto a platter and spread it with the back of a spoon.
- Arrange the cauliflower on top, and scatter some roughly chopped almonds and coriander over the top if you wish.