This pays homage to the classic American Ranch dressing but with a more subtle flavour. Its nutrition is boosted by raw cashews, which lends a lovely nutty, creamy note. You could use this in all sorts of ways – to dress a simple green salad, toss through roasted vegetables, or coat buckwheat noodles. It keeps well, so make a batch at the start of the week to give your weeknight cooking a glamorous edge.
Makes 1/2-2 cups
- 0.5 cup - raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1.5 cup - buttermilk
- 1 tsp - dijon mustard
- 0.5 - lemon, juiced
- - salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the cashews and put all the ingredients into a blender.
- Process until smooth and put in a jar.
- Keeps in the fridge for a week. Shake in the jar before use.