This delicious dip is rich and creamy. Because a little goes a long way we freeze half of the batch to keep for a rainy day. You could use almonds as a variation, and dried mint would give an interesting flavour if you don’t have any fresh herbs.
Makes around 1 1/2 cups
- 2 - medium beetroot
- 100 g - pistachios, toasted
- 0.5 cup - extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp - fresh mint leaves
- - juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp - salt
- Put the whole beetroot in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for around an hour until a knife pierces through the skin.
- When cool enough to handle, slip the skins off, quarter, and set aside.
- In the small bowl of a food processor, put the beetroot and the remaining ingredients.
- Blitz until smooth.