Tabbouleh is traditionally made with cracked wheat and lots of fresh herbs. Here we’ve used cauliflower as the base of the salad, alongside buckwheat kernels to give it a pleasant crunch. We love the tang of the roasted lemon slices, but you could substitute orange slices if you’d prefer a sweeter flavour profile.
Serves 4 as a side dish
- 0.5 - cauliflower, finely chopped or processed
- 0.3 cup - raw buckwheat groats
- 1 - handful parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 - handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 - lemon, thinly sliced
- - good few glugs extra virgin olive oil
- - salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Lay the lemon slices on an oven tray lined with baking paper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes until the slices start to dry out and the edges crinkle and char.
- In a salad bowl mix all of the ingredients together. Don’t be stingy with the olive oil!
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.