These are a remedy to the super sweet sesame bars of our youth. Here the tahini provides a delicious sesame flavour, while millet, quinoa flakes, and buckwheat give a healthy energy boost. We’ve added in some cacao because who doesn’t love chocolate, but feel free to adapt this recipe to your taste.
Makes 10 small bars
- 1cup - puffet millet
- 1cup - quinoa flakes
- 2tbsp - raw buckwheat
- 2tbsp - cacao
- 2tbsp - coconut oil
- 1cup - tahini
- 4 - fresh dates
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and combine.
- In a saucepan melt the coconut oil and tahini together.
- Mash the dates into the tahini/coconut oil mix – you could also do this in a processor but no need to get another bowl dirty, a bit of elbow grease makes easy work of fresh dates.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well, we find using a fork best for this.
- Press into a small baking tray or square cake tin and put in the freezer for half an hour to set.
- Cut into small slices and enjoy straight from the freezer or slightly defrosted.