This is the simplest dessert imaginable and incredibly child-friendly. We used Gala apples for this, but Granny Smiths or Jonathans would work as well.
Use this as a base for more creative versions – such as studding the skin of the apple with whole cloves, or squeezing the juice of an orange over the apples before baking.
- 2 whole apples (such as Gala or Granny Smith)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Run a paring knife gently around the top half of the apple to score the skin all the way around. Repeat in the middle and bottom half of the apple.
- Put on a baking tray in the oven, and roast, uncovered for 30-40 minutes until a knife easily pierces through the flesh of the apple.
- Serve one apple per person with coconut yoghurt or cream.