Here’s a gluten and added sugar-free granola that can be simply sweetened by serving with some fresh fruit. Better still, brighten up a dessert of pan-fried apples by sprinkling some over for a bit of crunch.
Make sure you buy raw buckwheat groats as opposed to toasted. The latter is hard as a rock unless it’s been soaked. So remember, raw! And use these measurements as a guide – feel free to mix it up according to your taste.
Makes enough to fill a 1 litre jar.
- 500g - raw buckwheat groats
- 200g - unsweetened coconut flakes
- 0.75cup - pumpkin seeds
- 2tsp - ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp - coconut oil
- 1tbsp - tahini (or nut butter)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt and combine the coconut oil and tahini in a saucepan.
- Pour the oil and tahini mixture over the dry ingredients, making sure they’re all evenly coated.
- Spread out on a baking tray (we lined ours with non-stick baking paper) and then roast in an oven set at 160 degrees Celsius for half an hour.
- Allow to cool, then store in an airtight container.