We’ve switched out potatoes for sweet potatoes in this classic omelette, making a totally delicious light meal or tapas bite.
- 1 - large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 - large, white onion, sliced
- 1 - knob of butter
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 - garlic cloves
- 10 - eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1tbsp - goats feta, to garnish
- basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 5/350 F. Place peeled and chopped sweet potato on a baking tray, lightly drizzle with oil and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, cool.
- Cook the onion and garlic slowly, on a low heat in a large non-stick frying pan. Onions should be soft but not brown.
- Add the sweet potatoes and mix over heat for a further 4 minutes. Pour over the beaten eggs.
- Place lid over the pan and leave the tortilla to cook gently for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to a medium setting and place the frying pan under the grill for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Place a large plate on top of the pan and quickly turn over.
- Slice and serve with crumbled goats feta and basil leaves.