It doesn’t have to be winter to poach fruits. This poached rhubarb is delicious served chilled, and tastes amazing when served with yoghurt or topped on your no added sugar Bircher or muesli.
- 1 - bunch fresh rhubarb, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp - vanilla extract
- 2 - stalks of rosemary (approx 10cm each)
- 1 - orange, juiced
- 2 cup - water
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan, pop the lid on and allow the water to come to the boil.
- Once bubbling reduce heat and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- When rhubarb has completely softened, remove the rosemary stalks and allow to cool in the saucepan.