Try our lighter and far tastier version of cauliflower cheese. Serve up as a main meal with leafy greens or have as a delicious side to a dish.
- 1 - large cauliflower, cut into pieces, use stalks and leaves
- 1 tsp - butter
- 1 tbsp - tapioca flour
- 500 mL - unsweetened almond milk
- 100 g - grated parmesan cheese
- 0.25 cup - crushed almonds
- 1 - sprig of rosemary
- - salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 180degrees/Gas mark 5/350F.
- Steam the cauliflower for 4 minutes.
- Melt the butter in the pan, add the tapioca flour, reduce heat to low and stir with a whisk.
- Place the rosemary stalk in the pan with the butter.
- Slowly add the almond milk approximately 3 tablespoons at a time and continuously stir to make a thick smooth sauce. Continue until all the milk is stirred in.
- Next add the grated cheese, leaving a little to sprinkle over the top, season and stir until cheese is melted.
- Place the cauliflower in a baking dish, pour over the sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for ten minutes.
- Sprinkle over the crushed almonds and bake for a further 15 minutes, until the almonds are golden.