These are fantastic, and a great alternative to the traditional pizza base. We’ve also found them a great hit with the little people in our team and even if they’re just covered in tomatoes and cheese they get the extra nutrition from the chickpea flour. Make these ahead of time and you’ve got a quick fix for dinner – just layer with your preferred toppings then pop under a hot grill before serving.
- 1cup - chickpea flour
- 1.5cup - water
- 1tsp - salt
- a little olive oil
- Whisk the ingredients together until smooth.
- Let stand for an hour.
- Preheat a medium-sized non-stick frying pan over high heat, using a little olive oil to coat the pan.
- When it’s hot, pour in 1/3 cup batter and swirl it around the pan to cover the base.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles start appearing on the surface and the edges become easy to lift – flip and cook for another few minutes on the other side. Slide off onto a plate lined with baking paper, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Use immediately or set aside in the fridge until ready to use.