Now tuna & beans every day for a week doesn’t sound compelling right? But the trick is to make the base (as per the recipe below) and then each day add something a little different to keep it exciting. Here, we’ve used some pear that was lying around and some goat’s feta, but other ideas might be some sliced avocado, crisp rocket, or a boiled egg. Hunt around in your fridge – you’ll be amazed what you’ll find!
And be sure to seek out sustainably-sourced tuna. Gotta keep the fish stocks around for future generations!
Serves 1 for a work week.
- 2 - tins cannellini beans, drained
- 2 - tins tuna, drained
- 1 - handful of almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 - handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp - olive oil
- 1tbsp - apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and keep covered in the fridge.
- Each day, transfer some to a lunch box along with your yummy extras – feta, chopped veggies, lime wedge, boiled egg etc – and then be the envy of the office!