Fast food doesn’t have to be bad food. This is a fun version of an Indonesian classic, bringing a little street food home.
- half a cauliflower
- 1tbsp - peanut oil/ olive oil
- 1 - carrot, finely diced
- 1 - clove of garlic, crushed
- 5 - spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 - red chilli, finely chopped
- half white cabbage, thinly sliced
- 0.25cup - cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp - coconut flakes
- handful of coriander
- 2 - eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blitz the cauliflower in a food processor or very finely chop until you have a rice consistency. Place the cauliflower in a tea towel and twist to drain any excess moisture.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the spring onion, carrot, garlic and cabbage, saute for four minutes until vegetables have soften. Add the chopped cashews and continue to cook.
- Add the cauliflower and pump up the heat, stir continually, mix through the coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the fried ‘rice’ from the saucepan and crack the eggs into the hot pan. Fry until the bottoms are crispy.
- Plate with the egg on top and sprinkle with coconut.