This traditional Indian marinade is a great one to have up your sleeve. Delicious with chicken or fish.
Top tip: the longer you marinade, the better the flavour. Overnight would be amazing.
- 5 - Free range chicken thighs
- 1cup - Cup plain yoghurt
- 1 - Knob of ginger, peeled, grated
- 1tsp - Ground coriander
- 1tbsp - Olive oil
- 1tsp - Garam masala
- 0.5tsp - Chilli powder
- 0.5tsp - Turmeric
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 - Garlic clove, crushed
- Radicchio lettuce
- 0.5 - Mango
- Small bunch coriander
- Small bunch mint
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Mix together the yoghurt, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, oil and spices. Season the mixture with a pinch of salt. Add the chicken and rub the mixture into the flesh. Cover the bowl with glad wrap or put mixture into a zip lock plastic bag. Refrigerate for a minimum of three hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees/ gas mark 6. Line or grease a baking dish. Place the chicken mixture in the dish and roast for 30 minutes. Remove once cooked and juices run clear, set aside to cool.
- Chop the mango into small cubes, mix with chopped mint, coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice. Chopped chilli is optional.
- Carefully pick the individual lettuce cups. Slice the chicken and place inside the cups. Top with the mango. Wrap up and eat with your hands.