Feel all fancy at breakfast with minimal effort while using up leftovers! You can use any veggies you have left over as long as the quantities are similar.
- 1cup - quinoa, cooked
- 12tbsp - oil (olive or coconut)
- 1cup - cooked and chopped broccoli
- 1 - carrot, grated
- 1 - corn cob/half a cup of corn
- 0.5 - small red onion
- 3 - eggs
- 1tbsp - chopped chives
- small handful chopped mint
- 0.25cup - almond meal
- 1 - avocado
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the quinoa with the cooked and chopped broccoli and corn. Add the grated raw carrot and finely diced red onion.
- Beat the three eggs and add to the mixture, stir together and add the herbs and almond meal.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Using a spoon, scoop out the fritter mixture and place in the frying pan, flatten with the back of the spoon. Cook for a few minutes on each side until a little crispy and golden. Set aside to drain on a paper towel.
- Scoop out all the avocado into a small bowl. Roughly mush up with a fork (a bit chunky is good) add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pile them fritters high and serve with the guacamole, and a poached egg if you like!