For breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert – it works. The high volume of eggs means it’s packed full of protein and flavour, plus it contains fruit and veg. Winning.
Okay enough, here’s how to make it.
Note: It is delicious served with nut butter or cream cheese.
- 1 - mashed banana
- 6 - eggs
- 1tsp - vanilla extract
- 1tsp - apple cider vinegar
- 1 - grated zucchini
- 0.5tsp - bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp - baking powder
- 0.5tsp - salt
- 0.5cup - coconut oil (melted)
- 0.75cup - coconut flour
- 1tbsp - cinnamon
- 0.325cup - shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees/gas mark 5/350F. Line a standard loaf tin with baking paper.
- Whisk the eggs and place into a large bowl, add the vanilla, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, zucchini and banana. Whisk together into a smooth batter.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, bicarb of soda and the salt. Combine the mixture.
- Pour into the baking tin and sprinkle the shredded coconut on top. Place in the oven for 50 minutes. Check the loaf is cooked by inserting a knife and it pulling out clean. Leave to cool in the tin then transfer to a wire rack.