Miso is one of the cornerstones of Japanese cooking. There’s something very comforting about it. It’s like a big hug. Oh, and it’s really tasty. And best friends with eggplant.
- 3unit - Large Eggplants (cut in quarters)
- 2tbsp - Tamari
- 2tsp - Mirin Rice Vinegar (normal vinegar is okay)
- 3tbsp - Sesame Oil
- 0.25cup - Miso
- 0.35cup - Sesame Seeds, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees/ 350 F/ Gas mark 5.
- Line oven tray with baking paper.
- Mix the miso, vinegar, tamari and sesame oil together in a bowl. Making a thick paste.
- Lightly score the eggplant in a criss-cross pattern and brush with a thin layer of the paste.
- Roast for ten minutes, until soft then remove and glaze again with the remaining mixture.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and return to the oven for a further ten minutes.