This is a great office lunch – all the elements can be prepared earlier and piled into a tub as you’re racing out the door to work. Check your shop-bought kimchi and make sure it’s free of sugar. You could also substitute it for sauerkraut, home-made or store-bought. The split pea hummus can go a little stiff overnight – loosen with some olive oil and lemon juice.
For 4 servings
- 4 - eggs
- 4 - homemade or shop bought kimchi
- 1cup - dried green split-peas
- 3cup - water
- 2tbsp - tahini
- juice of a lemon
- 0.25cup - extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 7 minutes. Take off the heat, refresh with cold water and set aside.
- For the hummus, cover the split peas with boiling water and simmer for 20 minutes until tender. Drain, reserving a tablespoon of the cooking water.
- Using a processor or stick blender, blend the peas and cooking water with the tahini, lemon, and olive oil until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel the boiled eggs, and serve alongside the split pea hummus and kimchi.