A twist on the hedgehog potatoes of our youth! It takes some care and patience to slice the potatoes without cutting all the way through to the bottom, but after that, it’s a doddle.
Make sure you brush the coconut oil all over to ensure the potatoes cook evenly and crisp up!
Serves 4 as a side
- 4 - small sweet potatoes or 2 large, cut in half
- a few sprigs of rosemary, thyme or whatever you have on hand
- 2tbsp - melted coconut oil
- chives & yogurt for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the potatoes at 5mm intervals, cutting three-quarters of the way down to the bottom. Don’t worry too much if you cut all the way through, it’s not the end of the world!
- Brush coconut oil on each potato, carefully fanning each slice to get into the grooves.
- Stuff each potato with a sprig of fresh herbs (we used rosemary), sprinkle with salt, and put in the oven for 45 minutes until the bottoms and edges are crisp and a knife pierces easily through the skin.
- Garnish with chives and yoghurt if you wish and serve immediately.