Make yourself comfortable, please.
Sometimes we all need a little comfort food in our lives, this pie is one big hug with the bonus of being totally good for you.
- 1 - large leek
- 4 - celery stalks
- 4 - deboned chicken thighs
- 1 - cauliflower
- 1 - clove of garlic
- 1 - small bunch of parsley
- 1 tbsp - arrow root/ tapioca flower
- 300 mL - vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp - olive oil
- 2 tbsp - almond meal
- - salt & pepper for seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees/gas mark 5/ 350F
2. Cut cauliflower into florets and steam until soft. Transfer to a food processor, add olive oil, a good pinch of salt and pepper and blitz until creamy.
3. Slice leek and celery and saute in a frying pan with a little oil for four minutes until soft. Remove and place side.
4. Chop chicken thighs into chunks and cook in frying pan until lightly browned.
5. Return the leek and celery to the pan and add the roughly chopped parsley. Add the stock and mix together.
6. In a small jug mix tapioca flour with a couple of tablespoons of the stock from the pan. Stir into a smooth paste. Add the paste to the mixture and stir over a low heat for two minutes.
7. Pour the mixture into a pie dish/ lasagne dish and top with the mashed cauliflower. Sprinkle over the almond meal to create a light crumb.
8. Bake for 30 minutes until golden