We all like having a bowl of nuts around at this time of year. Especially when entertaining.
Buying seasoned and roasted nuts can get pretty pricey. Our tip from the top is to buy them au natural (by weight if possible ) and spice them up at home.
They taste loads better too!
- 1 cup - walnuts
- 1 cup - almonds
- 0.5 cup - pecans
- cup - brazil nuts
- 3 - sprigs of rosemary
- 0.5 cup - olive oil
- 0.5 tsp - ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp - ground coriander
- 0.5 tsp - ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp - tumeric
- 2 tsp - salt flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees/ gas mark 5/ 350F.
- Heat oil in frying pan until sizzling.
- Strip rosemary from stalk and chop finely, add to hot oil and reduce heat immediately to low. After 2 minutes turn off heat and allow to sit in the pan for 10 minutes to infuse the oil.
- Transfer infused oil t]into a large mixing bowl, add all spices and nuts and mix well with hands to ensure all nuts are fully coated.
- Lay nuts on a baking tray lined with baking paper and place in oven for 12-14 minutes. Give a shake up half way.
- Leave to cool or eat warm