Home made hummus is worlds apart from the tubs you buy in the shops. It’s simple, it’s delicious and it only contains the good things.
- 1 - can of chickpeas
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp - of tahini
- 1 - clove of garlic
- 0.25cup - of extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt & pepper
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend, season to taste with salt and pepper, let it blend on a low setting for roughly 4 minutes, occasionally stopping to stir the mixture. It may feel a little longer than needed but it makes the hummus smooth and fluffy!
2. Serve with chopped raw veggies; carrots cucumber and radishes are perfect.
Creating different flavours is super easy, here are a few of our favourite flavours:
- Jalapeno one heaped tablespoon chopped, stir through one blended.
- Lemon and coriander- add the zest of half a lemon and a handful of coriander, blend in with other ingredients.
- Pesto- add dollop of our basics pesto