Who doesn’t like banana bread?! It’s just a shame it’s largely an unhealthy treat. But if you’re pining for those flavours, we’ve created a guilt free snack to get you through the morning. It’s lightly sweetened with dates and banana and they’re quite rich, so you’ll find you’ll only need one (or maybe two) to satisfy that sweet urge.
- 3 - large dates, pitted
- cup - walnuts
- 1 tbsp - nut butter of your choice
- 2 tbsp - coconut flour
- tsp - vanilla bean powder or essence
- 1 - very ripe banana
- - cacao or desiccated coconut to roll in (the balls, not you!)
- Pop all the ingredients in a food processor and process until a dough forms. If the mixture feels too wet add another tablespoon of coconut flour. The balls shouldn’t be so dry that they crumble when you try to roll them in a ball, nor so wet that the mixture feels really sticky
- Use a small spoonful of mixture to roll small balls and if you like, cover them in cacao or desiccated coconut before popping in the freezer to firm up
- These are best served cool, and if you’re taking them to work as a snack, keep them in the freezer so that they’re still chilled by the time you’ve finished your commute!
Makes 12-15 small balls.