Looking for something simple to serve with pre-dinner drinks? This is a lovely little snack that takes its inspiration from the back streets of Marrakesh, where they serve chunks of lamb on butcher’s paper with bread and cumin salt. A handy tip – it’s much easier to peel boiled eggs while they’re still a little warm, so as soon as you can handle those eggs, get peeling!
- 12 - Small chicken eggs
- 4tsp - Salt
- 1tsp - Ground Cumin
- Put the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil on a high heat & simmer for 2 minutes (this timing will give you medium boiled eggs, simmer for a minute longer for hard boiled).
- Drain and cover with cool water.
- When they’re cool enough to handle, peel and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine salt and ground cumin.
- Put on a platter and serve.