Catering for four vegetarians today. Zoe pumped out this Moroccan vegetable platter. So easy and went down a treat. Chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, carrots, chopped apple, sweet potato, asparagus, cauliflower, moroccan spice mix and topped with warm pine nuts. She served it with a dressing made from yoghurt and olive oil. Its a keeper.
- 1 - Large sweet potato
- 1 - Lemon
- 5tbsp - Moroccan spice mix
- 1 - Green apple
- 2 - Large carrots
- 1/2 - Cauliflower
- 1 - Can chickpeas washed and drained
- 1 - Bunch mint roughly chopped
- 1/2cup - Kale roughly chopped
- 1 - Bunch asparagus
- 1 - Bunch cherry tomatoes left on the vine
- Olive oil
- 1/2cup - Pine nuts
- 5tbsp - Plain Greek yoghurt
- Heat your oven at 200°C
- Chop your sweet potato in half and dry bake for 30 minutes.
- Slice the carrots lengthways, and place them on another tray, along with roughly chopped cauliflower and asparagus spears. Pour a small amount of olive oil and lemon juice mixture over the top and sprinkle with Moroccan spice mix. Put them in the oven and bake everything for another 25-30 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the mint, green apple and kale and set aside.
- Take your vegetables out of the oven, replace with a tray of pine nuts. Bake on high for 2-3 minutes till the nuts are golden then remove from the oven.
- Start composing the dish by layering the greens with the apple, roasted vegetables, one can of washed and drained chick peas and pine nuts. Place the roast sweet potato on top; add a bunch of cherry tomatoes and the asparagus to the side.
- Mix 5 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt with ½ cup olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the Moroccan seasoning. Add the juice of half a lemon and stir.
- Spoon the dressing over the top of the platter and serve.
Serves 4 adults